WELCOME TO MY SHOP!......ENJOY!

Saturday, July 9, 2011

July Fourth Weekend!

              On July fourth weekend, I went up to Katy, TX to spend a wonderful weekend with my family! On Saturday morning, my cousins' and some of their friends went shopping at the Katy Mills mall. We hit some great deals, and had a blast! My cousin's sweet little boy came with us, and he was so good! He is absolutely precious, and babbles all the time! Needless to say, by the end of the day, we wore that little 9 month old out!


             After our extravagent day of shopping, and after the men had a long day of playing golf, we got together at my cousin's house and had a great barbeque! I made a homemade cookie cake using my grandmothers icing recipe :) It was a big hit! It tasted great! My cousin's step sister made cantaloupe wrapped in prisciotto for appetizers. It was the first time I had ever heard of that, and needless to say...it was good! My cousin, Bonnie, and her husband, Tim made delicious hamburgers with plenty of things to dress them with! We had my homemade July 4th cookie cake for dessert!


 I had a wonderful time, and cannot wait to see my cousins again soon!

After all the fun and excitement, I had to get back to reality. I have put my jewelry making on hold for a few weeks. I have been studying to pass my TEXES test. My biggest dream is to be an elementary school teacher, and I am trying to get a teaching job in Texas. In order to become highly qualified, I have to take a test called the TEXES test. I have been studying very hard, and so I am putting my Jewelry making on hold until after July 2oth :/ I have to say it is hard to not be able to make jewelry, and force myself to study.


I have so many great ideas I am ready to create, and a sneak peek of my ideas will be in my next blog...sooo stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment